Die beiden Produkte werden in dieser Enterprise Editon von Oracle als ein Produkt mit einer Lizenz angesehen.
Daneben wird in dem Beitrag auf die folgenden Punkte für OWB Nutzer hingewiesen:
- All of the features of Oracle Warehouse Builder 11.1 as you’ve known it are still available, and will continue to be available going forward. (The features that were in OWB Enterprise ETL are now only available in the ODI-EE product. Essentially you get both, and then whichever product better fits your business and technical needs, you can implement.)
- Oracle Warehouse Builder 11.2 is still on track to be released with Oracle Database 11gR2.
- Support, training, and other resources (like this blog) for Oracle Warehouse Builder will continue to be available, Oracle University classes will be updated for 11.2, and so on.
- As stated above, “Customers can safely choose either component [i.e. either Warehouse Builder with Enterprise ETL features or Oracle Data Integrator] as the basis for implementations today”, with a smooth migration path going forward.
- Oracle Warehouse Builder data quality features are still available, but are now packaged as the Oracle Data Profiling and Data Quality option to the Oracle Database Enterprise Edition. (This is essentially just a name change for the data quality features.)
- OWB Application Connectors are still available, but are now re-named as Application Adapters for Warehouse Builder.
- The core OWB features that have been included with all Oracle database licenses (except XE) are still included with every Oracle database license.
Das Oracle Data Integrator - Statement of Direction zeigt die weiteren Schritte der Entwicklung beider Produkte zum heutigen Stand auf.